World Tafl Federation

Hagbard

Re: Poll: to decide on the name for our group.

Post by Hagbard » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:21 pm

skallatorc wrote:

I love the globe! could the frame of the globe be thickened a bit and the words put in it with the curve?

crust

Re: World Tafl Forum - call for members

Post by crust » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:05 am

Welcome Fraech and Luigi005! That's just about everybody... :D What a fantastic Round Table we have assembled.
Luigi005 wrote:Many of my friends know of the game (we are part of a viking reenactment group)
- that is really great, we definitely need to build up some links with re-enacters. I presented hnefatafl at a viking festival in the UK and it was very popular, that's just the sort of thing we need to do, to get this game some more attention, and some more players!

crust

Re: World Tafl Federation

Post by crust » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:50 pm

Ok, the Poll has ended, and the vote went to "World Tafl Forum", though during the voting another idea "World Tafl Federation" was proposed, which seems to have a lot going for it, and is close enough to World Tafl Forum. I don't want to weary you all with another poll - so does anyone have a really strong objection to adopting "World Tafl Federation"? I would like to get this sorted, so let's say if there are no objections within 2 weeks (until 18th september) we will go ahead with that.

Many thanks to all those who voted, and who contributed to the discussion.

Tim Millar (chairman)
e-mail: anomalocharis@hotmail.com
http://www.tim-millar.co.uk
Last edited by Hagbard on Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Adam

World Tafl Federation

Post by Adam » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:50 am

I think that World Tafl Federation has a better impression to what this is intended to be, not just a forum where we talk from time to time but a federation of people and nations dedicated to the advancement of Tafl in all it's incarnations, styles and rules.

Hagbard

Post by Hagbard » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:27 am

I suggest that all who support this Hnefatafl society send an email to crust alias Millar and inform about their email address or other contact information. A meeting place like this one in virtual space is efficient, but it's not sufficient in the long run to only know each other's identities as a collection of likeable aliases. Something could happen to webmaster, or the webhotel could go bankrupt or whatever unthinkable events. So we need also a more reliable way of keeping track of the community of tafl players.
(Better not write the email addresses in notes here on the forum, where they could risk being harvested by automatic spam robots surfing by.)

Adam

Post by Adam » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:34 pm

here here! Once the name is confirmed I look forward to the first draft of our constitution!

crust

Post by crust » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:19 pm

Thank you Roderich, Skallatorc and Luigi005 for your contact details. Anyone can contact me through my website http://www.tim-millar.co.uk if you haven't got my e-mail address.

We'll soon have a proper statement of our aims etc. The main one is of course to get more folks playing hnefatafl!
Best wishes

crust :shock:

Hagbard

Post by Hagbard » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:30 pm

barba wrote:

World Tafl Federation sounds cool.

Hagbard

Post by Hagbard » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:42 pm

altti wrote:

I like WTF (it's got grit) and when anyone looks for the world trade federation they'll find us. I like the logo.

Hagbard

Re: Tromsø Tafl Laug

Post by Hagbard » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:59 pm

filosondre wrote:

Mjølnir: Good ide. There should be a good arena to launch Norwegian Tafl Federation?
I can help out and would travel to Tromsø to play.
Adam: I live in Horten, Do you know if theres Hnefatafl tournaments at the "viking marked" (Viking festival") at Borre? Perhaps we could try to start a club in Tønsberg?