Masterluke 'new' member

Masterluke

Masterluke 'new' member

Post by Masterluke » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:06 pm

Hello
I started playing Tafl games on this site about a year ago, but I never introduced myself properly. Better late than never, so here I go...
I've been introduced to the Tafl-game in the summer of 2017 by the excellent TV-series 'The Last Kingdom'. In episode 4 of season 2, King Alfred plays the game with his daughter Eathelfled. I was immediately struck by the appearance of the game, with the funny figurines (I think they used the pieces from 'The Viking Game' still for sale on the internet and by the British Museum, among others;...). I knew it was not chess. Later on, I found out that the TV-series 'Vikings' has also its 'Tafl'-moments, notably season 5, episode 7, where you can see Ivar the Boneless play against Bishop Heahmund.
Being a sucker for history, and especially medieval times, I went out searching the internet about the game. Eventually, I discovered brilliant sources of info, namely cyningstan and of course, aagenielsen.dk.
So while I'm still fairly new to the game, I became smitten by it very quickly. Being a graphic designer, comic book artist and with a strong interest in 3D-design, I started to design my own tafl-pieces and boards. Some of them can be seen in the gallery.
Nowadays, I try to develop a 'new' version of my own on a 17x17 board (see post in the forum and tournament 153). My goal is to get it produced and sold by a game board manufacturer... Tafl games deserve to be more much more known, I think it's a historical mistake that nearly 1000 years ago it became overshadowed by Chess, which is IMHO not half that exciting to play in comparison...

jrton80

Re: Masterluke 'new' member

Post by jrton80 » Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:08 am

I would have to add to "Being a sucker for history, and especially medieval times," with unrealistic big boob, but people would need to see your FB page to get that.

BTW, he writes comics with the typically big boob females, with ambiguous sexually which is rather new which, while I could not read a word, the visuals were good enough.