archive

nath

archive

Post by nath » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:57 am

Hello,

the search in the Games archive doesn't seem to work for games from 2014 and earlier. Is there a way to search for them explicitly?

nath

Hagbard

Re: archive

Post by Hagbard » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:03 am

nath wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:57 am
the search in the Games archive doesn't seem to work for games from 2014 and earlier. Is there a way to search for them explicitly?
You can use this link:
http://aagenielsen.dk/visallespil_soeg_nath.php

edmond_dantes

Post by edmond_dantes » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:23 pm

this section must be removed if you want to keep the game alive :!: :!: :!:

nath

Post by nath » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:27 am

@Hagbard: Thank you! That helps a lot!

@ edmond_dantes: Why? If you want the game to stay in it's infant stages - maybe. Don't you trust the depth this game actually has?

edmond_dantes

Post by edmond_dantes » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:38 pm

yes, this game has a certain depth for me.

edmond_dantes

Post by edmond_dantes » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:55 pm

Оpening new lines is difficult and takes a lot of time and effort, thanks to the archive, the new players are getting ready. So players will win over world champions in a few months. The strengths of the strong players go to hell when they play the news. The archive should be visible for a few days, but then it must be removed. So strong players will have their rank. Archiving will cause strong players not to play regularly on the site but prefer other gaming and training sites where the archive does not exist

nath

Post by nath » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:18 am

I think I have a couple statements, why I doubt this holds true:

0. I think there are very few players actually developing opening lines. I noticed Plantagenet playing some adjusted to his playing style, but I doubt they are particular strong, they just show some perfection, because he is a strong player. I think the opening world was more developed back in 2014 when I left. I'd wish people would take in our openings back then and try to gasp our line of thinking back then. That leads to
1. which openings do you think are actually copied? I have the feeling that sadly very few players try to understand the openings we played back then. My play is in a very bad shape, but the community seem to have rater problems of amnesia, than of over-recalling openings.
2. I think this game could really make good use of a few new players to challenge old grandmasters. I don't think the old players are particular strong. I feel like if I get beaten by a new player, it's my fault for not evolving enough rather than somebody else faults for training him. I truly believe that this game suffers rather from to few competition, than from copy-players. I think the opening world is to stable, because nobody tries seriously, not because somebody could copy.
3. You drastically underestimate the depth one has to learn to acquire a new opening, even if it isn't his own development. One has to understand the ins and outs, the strengths and weaknesses to even comprehend that. The game has so much depth, that only the one not learning is to blame.

Besides that I have two points to make, that has nothing to do with your point, but I still do care:
3. I think having this archive is a treasure. And I love to add to this treasure with every good move I make. I wouldn't bother to play otherwise.
4. I deeply care about anybody who tries to understand anything (for instance a new opening) and I'd be glad to support such a process - feel free to contact me any time. Ideas are worth sharing, containing them holds us back on the long run.