Fetlar rules and strategy

Tafl strategy
crust

Fetlar rules and strategy

Post by crust » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:36 pm

Greetings to all hnefatafl junkies and other intelligent life-forms out there. There are some hnefatafl guidelines and diagrams on my website:

http://www.tim-millar.co.uk/section502917.html

with explanations of rules and some strategy - more to follow later.
See you across the Board of Destiny...
crust

Kratzer

Re: Fetlar rules and strategy

Post by Kratzer » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:53 am

Very useful, thank you crust.

Some months ago I made a list of different openings and their winning chances (a bit like in chess and keeping the fact in mind that it is not important from which edge the opening starts). I will try to get them out of my old pc, actualize them with the new dates from the tournament and then publish them maybe here.

Greetings

crust

Post by crust » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:29 am

To Roderich
That would be great! I noticed during the tournament that you were using a new form of "millar gambit declined" that is, after 1. d1 -d3, e5 - e2 you played 2. g1 - g2 instead of g1 - g3. I can see its advantages... Adam and I have also been experimenting with 2. f2 - i2 as a way of declining the gambit, have you tried that one? I'll have a look if it's in any of the tournament games.
crust

Kratzer

Post by Kratzer » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:37 am

crust wrote:To Roderich
That would be great! I noticed during the tournament that you were using a new form of "millar gambit declined" that is, after 1. d1 -d3, e5 - e2 you played 2. g1 - g2 instead of g1 - g3. I can see its advantages... Adam and I have also been experimenting with 2. f2 - i2 as a way of declining the gambit, have you tried that one? I'll have a look if it's in any of the tournament games.
crust
This 2. f2-i2 I haven't tried it myself, but I've seen it sometimes and it seems to be an alternative.

First step of my analisis of more than 50 matches is done so far. I'll post it in response to Adam's posting.